Save up to 30% off on accommodation on Big Game Parks’ Quiet Season Specials at Hlane Royal National Park, Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctaury including Reillys Rock Hilltop Lodge and Mkhaya Game Reserve when you stay two nights or more from the 10th January 2016 to 20th March 2016. Entry is free for WILD card holders.
To book contact the Central Reservations Office on email@example.com or call +268 2528 3943
Hlane Royal National Park and Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary welcome day visitors over the Christmas season. We encourage enjoyment of our parks in a responsible manner with respect to wildlife and fellow guests. EcoTourism is about a quality nature experience. Big Game Parks is about making memorable experiences in nature available to local, regional and international guests. We do not condone noisy and disrespectful behavior. Our parks are here to be enjoyed by all who visit, which means safety, respect, courtesy and sobriety are important.
Due to the high levels of disturbance and numerous refunds paid to unhappy overnight guests over Christmas 2014, our parks will be following a very strict procedure this festive season.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, the “No Alcohol Permitted” rule will be enforced vigorously throughout the holiday season
- Every vehicle will be searched on entry to both Hlane and Mlilwane. Vehicles with alcohol will be turned away and denied access into the park.
- No alcohol may be left at our gates.
- Anyone arriving intoxicated or suspected of being under the influence of intoxicating substances will be turned away. Our Rangers have full discretion.
- Day Visitors will be required to leave the Rest Camp by 17h00 between 20 December and 5 January
- Security will be deployed in the camps and have the authority to search picnics and any alcohol found being off-loaded will result in the vehicle and its passengers being evicted without refund
- The number of Day Visitor vehicles allowed into the parks will be restricted on 25th December, 26th December and 1st Notices will be erected at the turn off when capacity is reached. Big Game Parks reserves the right to restrict entry during Peak Season.
- Conservation (entry) fees will be as follows:
- E40,00 per adult & E20 per child during High Season (18-24 Dec & 28-30 Dec)
- E60,00 per adult & E30 per child during Peak Season (25-27 Dec & 31 Dec-3 Jan) – Restricted access applies
- Normal Rates apply through the rest of the months of December and January, with exception of the above dates
- Wild Cards will be accepted as normal, without premium fare
- Pre-bookings for overnight guests as per our forecast will be charged normal Conservation Fees, including pay on arrival
- Pre-paid Christmas Lunch bookings in the Hippo Haunt and Hlane Restaurants will be charged normal Conservation Fees. Pre-bookings without payment will be charged peak season rates.
Wishing all our guests a fabulous Festive Season!
To book contact our Central Reservations Office on +268 2528 3943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that from the 1st of December 2015 our rates change to 2015/2016 rates. For more information on rates visit our website at www.biggameparks.org or email our Central Reservations at email@example.com
Our new ablutions are opening this week!
The upgrade of Mlilwane’s camping facilities began in 2009 with the conversion of the casual camping grounds into 20 individual leveled sites, each with their dedicated braai stand, electricity points and some with a shared water source.
In 2013, the Rest Camp fenced off a few areas in front of the campsite in order to establish indigenous trees and plants in front of the Eucalypt forest. This required game-proof fencing and enrichment of the dead soil with home-grown compost (thanks to Chubeka Trails). Despite the sorry state of the eucalyptus-drained soil, the gardens are growing well. In time, the newly established trees will provide shade and we look forward to cutting back the Eucalyptus and establishing more indigenous trees, but for now, shade for campers is important. The Eucalyptus forest is also a very effective sound barrier from the sometimes noisy House on Fire across the valley, so removing it entirely is not planned. The trees planted include various Acacia for soft shade and not to obstruct the view, Natal Figs for dense shade and to attract fruit-eating birds as well as Coral Trees to attract our numerous nectar-feeding sunbirds. Gardenias, Aloes and Iboza have been planted for variety, colour and additional wildlife attraction.
The great finale has just been completed! Mlilwane has built an amazingly spacious, highly anticipated new ablution and wash up facility just behind the leveled sites, removing the need to trudge to the old ablutions. The building has purposely been sited in the Eucalyptus to reduce the number of trees and to be discreet. Along the one side are the ablutions, separate facilities for ladies and gentlemen, each with 4 toilets and 4 showers, well spaced basins and lovely natural light complimenting the electric lighting, with water warmed by gas geysers.
Along the other side is a large DIY laundry and wash up area. The laundry has concrete ironing tables, a long tiled concrete table and concrete washing basins with ample surface area. The wash up area sports built in benches, large solid tables and wash up basins with decent space in between so that groups and families can co-exist happily. In fact, if the weather comes in, this will be a fun place to congregate!
Happy camping at Mlilwane.
Please note that from the 1st of December 2015 our rates on all accommodation and activities will change to 2015/2016 rates. For more information on rates visit our website at www.biggameparks.org or email our Central Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kingdom of Swaziland’s Big Game Parks invites instagrammers to the very first instameet in Swaziland! This event will be hosted at Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary on the 16th December 2015. An InstaMeet is an event where a group of photographers and videographers who are on instagram meet up to take photos and videos together. Instagram is an exciting social networking service that enables its users to share pictures and videos. The vital ingredients for this event are a group of fun, easy going instagrammers with smart phones, data bundles and a desire to connect and explore nature with other Instagrammers.
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautifully scenic park ideal for exploring nature and this Instameet will provide a great opportunity to meet new people, share opinions, tips and experiences related to Instagram; take pictures and instantly upload them to Instagram. Save the date! #LookCloser #MlilwaneInstameet15 #TheBeautyOfNature @BigGameParks
Mlilwane has won the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award 2015. The accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor. Only the top-performing 10 per cent of businesses listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award. To qualify for a Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travellers on TripAdvisor, and must have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months.