Hlane Royal National Park and Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary welcome day visitors over the Christmas season. We encourage enjoyment of our parks in a responsible manner with respect to wildlife and fellow guests. EcoTourism is about a quality nature experience. Big Game Parks is about making memorable experiences in nature available to local, regional and international guests. We do not condone noisy and disrespectful behavior. Our parks are here to be enjoyed by all who visit, which means safety, respect, courtesy and sobriety are important.
Due to the high levels of disturbance and numerous refunds paid to unhappy overnight guests over Christmas 2014, our parks will be following a very strict procedure this festive season.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, the “No Alcohol Permitted” rule will be enforced vigorously throughout the holiday season
- Every vehicle will be searched on entry to both Hlane and Mlilwane. Vehicles with alcohol will be turned away and denied access into the park.
- No alcohol may be left at our gates.
- Anyone arriving intoxicated or suspected of being under the influence of intoxicating substances will be turned away. Our Rangers have full discretion.
- Day Visitors will be required to leave the Rest Camp by 17h00 between 20 December and 5 January
- Security will be deployed in the camps and have the authority to search picnics and any alcohol found being off-loaded will result in the vehicle and its passengers being evicted without refund
- The number of Day Visitor vehicles allowed into the parks will be restricted on 25th December, 26th December and 1st Notices will be erected at the turn off when capacity is reached. Big Game Parks reserves the right to restrict entry during Peak Season.
- Conservation (entry) fees will be as follows:
- E40,00 per adult & E20 per child during High Season (18-24 Dec & 28-30 Dec)
- E60,00 per adult & E30 per child during Peak Season (25-27 Dec & 31 Dec-3 Jan) – Restricted access applies
- Normal Rates apply through the rest of the months of December and January, with exception of the above dates
- Wild Cards will be accepted as normal, without premium fare
- Pre-bookings for overnight guests as per our forecast will be charged normal Conservation Fees, including pay on arrival
- Pre-paid Christmas Lunch bookings in the Hippo Haunt and Hlane Restaurants will be charged normal Conservation Fees. Pre-bookings without payment will be charged peak season rates.
Wishing all our guests a fabulous Festive Season!
To book contact our Central Reservations Office on +268 2528 3943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org