FESTIVE SEASON 2019/2020 PROCEDURES
Hlane Royal National Park and Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary welcome day visitors over the Christmas season. We encourage enjoyment of our parks in a responsible manner with respect to the environment, wildlife and fellow guests. Eco-Tourism is about a quality nature experience. Big Game Parks is about making memorable experiences in nature available to local, regional and international guests. We do not condone noisy and disrespectful behavior. Our parks are here to be enjoyed by all who visit, which means safety, respect, courtesy and sobriety are important.
Due to high levels of disturbance in the past, our parks will be following a very strict procedure this festive season.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, the “No Alcohol Permitted” rule will be enforced vigorously throughout the holiday season
- Every vehicle will be searched on entry to both Hlane and Mlilwane. Vehicles with alcohol will be turned away and denied access into the park.
- No alcohol may be left at our gates.
- Anyone arriving intoxicated or suspected of being under the influence of intoxicating substances will be turned away. Our Rangers have full discretion.
- Drugs, Firearms and ammunition will not be permitted into the parks.
- Day Visitors will be required to leave the Rest Camp by 17h00 between 21 December and 5 January 2020.
- Security will be deployed in the camps and have the authority to search picnics and any alcohol found being off-loaded will result in the vehicle and its passengers being evicted without refund.
- Big Game Parks reserves the right to restrict entry to ensure our guests have a quality experience. The number of Day Visitor vehicles allowed into the parks will be restricted (over the festive season).
- Notices will be erected at the turn off when capacity is reached.
- Conservation (entry) fees will be as follows:
- MLILWANE – E70,00 per adult & E35.00 per child during High Season (21st Dec to 5th Jan inclusive)
- HLANE – E65,00 per adult & E35.00 per child during High Season (21st Dec to 5th Jan inclusive)
- Restricted access applies during the festive season.
- Normal Rates apply through the rest of the months of December and January, with exception of 21st Dec to 5th
- Wild Cards will be accepted as normal, without premium fare
- Pre-bookings for overnight guests as per our forecast will be charged normal Conservation Fees, including pay on arrival
- Pre-paid Christmas Lunch bookings in the Hippo Haunt and Hlane Restaurants will be charged normal Conservation Fees. Pre-bookings without payment will be charged peak season rates.
- Access to Mlilwane swimming pool will be restricted and hourly checks will be conducted to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors
Wishing all our guests a fabulous Festive Season!
To book contact our Central Reservations Office on +268 2528 3943 or email email@example.com